Lenten Monday Schedule (Begins at 7:00pm in church each evening):
Seating capacity will be 75 each night
- February 22 – Topic: Prayer (Deacon John Benz)
- March 1 – Topic: Fasting (Fr. Jay Suero)
- March 8 – Topic: Almsgiving (Gail Sladek)
- March 15 – Prayer and Reflection (Music Ministry)
- March 22 – Honoring St. Joseph (Video from University of Saint Mary of the Lake/Mundelein Seminary)
On Mondays, throughout the Season of Lent, we will have reflections given during an hour of Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, according to the schedule above. We will focus on the three Lenten Disciplines of Prayer, Fasting, and Almsgiving. A priest will be available for Reconciliation on most of the Mondays. You are invited to attend any or all of these evenings, so please feel welcome even if you are not able to commit to all five.
Thank you for your interest in registering to attend one or more Lenten Monday evenings at St. Julie:
Registration is required in order to attend any Lenten Monday. Please note that by registering, you are agreeing to the guidelines that have been set forth by the state and the Archdiocese of Chicago. Our team of volunteers are offering their time to assist us in maintaining the safest possible worship environment. We appreciate your cooperation!
The signup link will be included in a parishwide email and become active on this website on Monday, February 15. Or, if you do not have internet access, you can call Sheila/Deacon Ed at 708.429.6767 x232 to reserve your spot. (You will not receive a callback unless there is an issue.)
These safety precautions should be observed at all times:
- If you are not feeling well, we ask that you stay home as a precaution.
- Masks are a must for everyone’s safety. They must be worn properly over the nose and mouth.
- Households may sit together but should be six feet from the next person. Households are defined as those who live together every day. Extended family and friends who do not live with you must safety distance (6 ft.) themselves from you while in our worship space.
- Pews that are marked by blue tape may be used.
- Please plan on arriving no sooner than 30 minutes and no later than the 7:00pm start time; this will allow us time to ensure all preparation is completed. This will also allow our volunteers to fully participate in the event.
- If you have attended large gatherings in the last week where safety precautions have not been taken, we ask that you do not plan to attend Lenten Monday.
- For those who are not able to sign up via internet, please contact Sheila at 708.429.6767 x232. Leave your name, phone number and which evening(s) you would like to attend. We will only call back if there is an issue with your reservation.
We appreciate your help in keeping everyone safe and healthy. Everyone working together will go a long way!
We Love Volunteers!
We cannot do without our wonderful volunteers! Can you help? ALL AGES ARE WELCOME!
Deacon Ed and Sheila