These are some of the St. Julie Parish events to watch for in the coming weeks:
- Taste of St. Julie – Returning August 6, 2022! Click here to access volunteer form.
- Totus Tuus Summer Camp – Returns to St. Julie – July 17 to 22 – CLICK HERE for registration form. Completed forms should be dropped off at the Parish Office with payment. Thank you!
- Joyful Again – June 25 & 26 at St. Julie – For those who have been widowed or struggling with loss – Open to men and women – Contact: [email protected] – Visit their website
- Lou Malnati’s Fundraiser – June 22 – St. Julie receives 20% of purchases – CLICK HERE for details
- Six Flags Great America Trip – June 16 – Open to teens Grade 8 through high school – Two forms required: 1) Trip Authorization Form 2) Medical Form
- Young at Heart – Luncheon is FREE this month! (We’re having a Cookout) – June 14 – Meal choice signup in the narthex June 4/5 and 11/12
- Home Build 2022 – June 3 thru 5 – This year’s build will take place at St. Julie! Contact [email protected] to order a t-shirt supporting the build
- 1st Saturday Mass – June 4 in the Sacred Heart Chapel – 8am Mass
- 1st Friday Eucharistic Adoration – June 3 in the Sacred Heart Chapel – starts after 8am Mass and concludes with Benediction at 8pm – Sign up or walk in – Park in South lot due to Home Build
- BINGO – There will be no BINGO in June – We’ll see you again July 17
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 30 – Parish Office will be closed
- Men’s Group Gathering – May 26 at 7pm in the Parish Hall – Open to men 18 and over
- Sacrament of 1st Holy Communion – Individual students with their families at weekend Masses during May
- Monthly 50/50 Raffle – Next drawing is May 31! CLICK HERE for details
- Adult Mission Trip 2022 – Planning has begun for the next mission trip. If you are age 21 or over and would be interested in serving in an area that has been hit by natural disasters, contact [email protected] or [email protected]
You may also find these links interesting:
- Midweek Moment for May 18, 2022 (Fr. Tirso records a weekly message for information or reflection)
- Billiart Brothers Podcast – Episode 36: Easter Sunday (Fr. Ton and Ben Anderson have resumed their podcast discussions. CLICK HERE to access all of their previous podcasts.)
- St. Julie Nativity Play – December 23, 2021
- Mariachi Concert and Retelling the Story of Our Lady of Guadalupe – December 12, 2021
Questions? Contact the Parish Office at 708.429.6767.
As we rejoice in this Easter Season, celebrating our Risen Lord, we take a moment to look back on our journey through Lent and Holy Week at St. Julie Parish. Thank you to Anthony Herron for the beautiful photographs.
Click here to view pictures from Lent
June 3 – 5, 2022
- Pray for the families who will receive the homes, that they will feel all of the love and hope that we offer as our gift to them.
- Pray for good weather!
- Do you know a sponsor? Send them our way! We love community support!
- We will be in need of the items listed below, and we ask that you please label them “Home Build” and drop them off on the Generosity Cart just inside the parish office entrance doors. Thank you so much!
- Cases of water
- Granola bars
- Rice Krispie treats (wrapped)
- Chips/Pretzels (individual bags)
Order your “Home Build 2022” T-shirt (Orders due May 1)
We are taking t-shirt orders now. It is not necessary to participate directly in the project to purchase a shirt, so feel free to order yours and support the cause.
Shirts are $10 each and available in sizes:
small • medium • large • XL • XXL • XXXL • XXXXL
Contact Sheila Pluchar: [email protected]
St. Julie Parish will be hosting Totus Tuus again this summer, so save the dates! This year’s program will run from Sunday, July 17 to Friday, July 22, 2022. We had a great response last year and look forward to sharing this fun and enriching experience with our youth once again. The daytime program is open to children in Grades 1 – 6. The evening program is open to Grades 7 – 12. Click on the signup form below
Episode 36 is now available!
During Lent, Fr. Ton and Ben are doing a weekly podcast. Click on one of the episodes below to listen, and watch this space for future episodes!
Date: Friday, June 3, 2022
Time: Begins after 8:00am Mass and concludes at 8:00pm
Where: St. Julie Billiart Parish – Sacred Heart Chapel
All are welcome!
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING PARKING:
St. Julie is hosting a “Home Build” June 3-5 in the South parking lot, so we are asking that you please use the North (front) parking lot and North doors only upon arrival for Adoration and Saturday morning Mass. Thank you for your understanding!
SCHEDULE OF PRAYER THROUGHOUT THE DAY:
Immediately after 8:00am Mass: Rosary
Noon: Midday Prayer
3:00pm: Divine Mercy Chaplet
5:00pm: Evening Prayer
7:00pm: Reflection, Night Prayer, Benediction
There will also be a First Saturday Mass the next morning, at 8:00am.
At least two Adorers must be scheduled during every hour in order to assure that Jesus is not left alone, but more are welcome and Adorers may sign up for multiple hours. Please click on the button below to fill the needed spots:
(Once these spots are filled, additional Adorers are welcome without advance signup.)
For those who do not have access to the internet, you can sign up by contacting the Parish Office at 708.429.6767 or Gail Sladek at [email protected]. Walk-ins are again welcome for the 8:00am 1st Saturday Mass. 1st Friday Eucharistic Adoration will be held monthly.
What is Eucharistic Adoration?
We adore and receive the Eucharist in communion at Mass, which is the most beautiful act of worship that we have as Catholics. We have Jesus truly present in all of the tabernacles around the world. We can continue to adore Him in the Eucharist after Mass in a quiet time of prayer and contemplation on Who we have just received . Being in the presence of the body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ gives spiritual strength and nourishment in a uniquely powerful way. Adoration is a way to be present with the Lord and focus on actively listening to His word through prayer.
~ Oblates of the Virgin Mary
The 3rd evening of our Lenten Monday series will feature the St. Julie Praise Band, leading us in prayer and song. Join us for this uplifting experience of prayer and praise!
Lenten Mondays continue, offering a variety of prayer opportunities, including speaker reflections, reconciliation, contemporary praise & worship, and vespers with benediction. These evenings will be centered on the biblical story of the Exodus, and the need for us to be freed from the slavery of sin. You are invited to attend any or all of these evenings, so please feel welcome even if you are not able to commit to all four.
Lenten Monday Schedule (Begins at 7:00pm in church each evening):
- March 7 – Prayer Service and Reflection: “Freedom from the Slavery of Sin” (Reflection by Fr. Tirso)
- March 14 – Reconciliation (communal prayer service with individual confession)
- March 21 – Praise and Worship Night: “The Resurrection” (featuring the St. Julie Praise Band)
- March 28 – Eucharistic Adoration with Centennial Monstrance and Reflection: “Relying on God’s GPS to Keep Us on Track” (Reflection by Fr. Tirso)
Devine Center doors will open at 12:30pm and games will be played from 1:00pm to 5:00pm.
The kitchen will not be open, but feel free to bring your own snacks. We hope to see you there!
(Participants must be age 18 or older)