When: Monday Nights at St. Julie
If you have not completed the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation), or are interested in becoming Catholic, you are cordially invited to participate in the faith formation program known as R.C.I.A. Email your questions to Nathan Roy with subject line “RCIA” at [email protected]
THE NATIVITY OF THE LORD
Christmas Eve (Saturday, December 24)
- 8:00pm (Mass for the Deaf)
- Midnight (Blessing of nativity and prelude carols before Mass, beginning 11:30pm)
Christmas Day (Sunday, December 25)
- 4:30pm (Vietnamese)
THE SOLEMNITY OF MARY, THE HOLY MOTHER OF GOD
New Year’s Eve (Saturday, December 31)
New Year’s Day (Sunday, January 1)
*The 9:30am Masses will also be livestreamed on Facebook.
This Thursday, December 8 is the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Mass times are 8:00am and 7:00pm.
These are some of the St. Julie Parish events to watch for in the coming weeks:
- Conversations With Women will gather on Saturday, February 11 at 10:00am in the Great Room. Bring your coffee and come join us! All are welcome!
- Port Lunches – Sun. February 19 after 9:30am Mass in the Parish Hall – All are invited to help make lunches!
- Ice Cream Social – February 19 after 6:00pm Mass in the Parish Hall – Event is free of charge, but donations will be gratefully accepted
- BINGO – February 19 – Devine Center doors open 12:45pm
- 1st Saturday Mass – February 4 in the Sacred Heart Chapel – 8am Mass
- 1st Friday Eucharistic Adoration – February 3 in the Sacred Heart Chapel – starts after 8am Mass and concludes with Benediction at 5pm – Sign up or walk in
- Monthly 50/50 Raffle – Next drawing is MONDAY, Jan. 30 CLICK HERE for details
- Men’s Group Gathering – January 26 in the Great Room – All are welcome!
- Pro-Life Rosary – 40 Days for Life Prayer Vigil begins at Planned Parenthood in Flossmoor on Feb 24
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) – Continues on Monday nights at 6pm in the Great room – If you are interested in completing your sacraments or becoming a member of the Catholic church, contact [email protected]
- THE SEARCH: The Gift of Meaning & Purpose – Continues weekly on Tuesdays after the 8am Mass in the Great Room – Contact Nathan Roy for more information at [email protected]
Important resources now available:
- “FORMED” – St. Julie parishioners now have free access to the best library of Catholic teaching! – Visit formed.org to set up your account – Contact Nathan Roy for more information at [email protected]
- YOUTH MINISTRY Facebook page– Visit the NEW St Julie St George Youth Ministry Facebook page!
- YOUTH MINISTRY Instagram page – St Julie St George Youth Ministry Instagram page!
St. Julie Media Team is recruiting new volunteers (contact the parish office 708.429.6767)
- Additional volunteers needed to assist with Mass livestream – Training will be provided
- Help needed with video editing – Looking for someone familiar with video editing software
You may also find these links interesting:
- Midweek Moment for December 21, 2022 (Fr. Tirso records a weekly message for information or reflection)
- Taste of St. Julie 2022 – Pictures – Visit our parish Facebook page to view pictures from this year’s event. A great time was had by all!
- Billiart Brothers Podcast – Episode 37: Breaking News (Fr. Ton and Ben Anderson have recorded their FINAL podcast. CLICK HERE to access all of their previous podcasts.)
- St. Julie Nativity Play – December 23, 2021
- Mariachi Concert and Retelling the Story of Our Lady of Guadalupe – December 12, 2021
Questions? Contact the Parish Office at 708.429.6767.
We are excited to welcome Mrs. Kristen Maxwell as the new Youth Minister for both St. Julie and St. George parishes, effective August 15, 2022. All high school teens are invited to join Mrs. Maxwell at an August 21 meeting, to learn more:
Parishioners invited to host! Six Saturdays in July and August! A few dates are still open, so call now!
St. Julie Parish is now accepting Faith Formation Registrations for the upcoming 2022–2023 school year.
Our First Family Formation Session:
Date: Monday, Sept 12
Time: 6:00pm – 7:30pm (promptly)
To register, send an email with the subject line “Family Formation Registration” to Nathan Roy at: [email protected]
There are also Faith Formation registration forms available in our Parish Office entrance.
If you have any questions, please call Nathan at our Faith Formation Office: 708.429.6767 x212
You are invited to the 2nd Annual Taste of St. Julie! Call your family and friends and make an evening of it! It’s going to be a great time for everyone!
WHEN: *4:00pm – 10:00pm
WHERE: Devine Center South Parking Lot
*CHILDREN’S ACTIVITIES start at 4:00pm; FOOD available for purchase starting at 5:30pm
For the Kids:
Games for all ages
For the Adults:
Bean Bag tournament
Split the Pot
Water Balloon Toss
Food and drink for purchase:
For your eating pleasure: 5 Food Vendors!
and of course, American!
For your drinking pleasure:
Back by popular demand, “My Dad’s Cover Band” will be playing our favorite hits!
Also, our favorite DJ will be on hand to keep things rolling!
Stop by the narthex the weekends of July 23-24 and 30-31:
- Purchase your 2022 Taste of St. Julie T-shirt! ($10 each)
- Also on sale are discounted food and drink tickets!
- Preview of a few of the raffle baskets!
- A chance to purchase split the pot!
The Taste of St. Julie is looking for help!
1. RAFFLE BASKET DONATIONS NEEDED:
We will be having raffle baskets to help raise money to offset cost of the picnic. Can you help with any of the items on the list? Or items that you think would help to make a great basket?
SUGGESTED DONATIONS (Items should be brand new – Drop off on cart marked “Taste of St. Julie” by the West Doors – By July 30, please):
- Sporting (memorabilia, tickets to games, etc)
- Gift Certificates – Gas, Restaurants, Jewel, Meijer, Target, Aldi, your favorite place to shop or dine on a date or with the family!
- Wine Collection—Wine and all that goes with wine!
- Kid friendly—Games, Gift Cards, Movie Theater, Family Activity
- Family—Anything Family friendly!
- Ethnic Food Baskets—(nothing perishable) Whatever you like!
- Baskets needed—Medium to Large, preferably with handles but we will take what is offered!
For more information, please contact Sheila at: [email protected]
2. BAKERS NEEDED:
For the “Taste Bake Sale Dessert Table” we are looking for cakes, brownies, cookies, rice krispy treats, and ethnic treats! We can’t wait to taste everything! It’s as simple as 1…2…3!
- Choose what you like to bake! (Please, no frosting because of the weather!)
- Gather family / friends to have a wonderful experience of baking together!
- Drop off delicious treats to share with our parish on Thursday or Friday (August 4 / 5 ) just inside the office doors there will be a special table. Or they can be dropped off on Saturday, August 6 in the Devine Center from 9am—Noon.
For more information, please contact Jane at: [email protected]
3. SPONSORS NEEDED:
Please consider sponsoring the 2nd Annual Taste of St. Julie! Any donation, large or small, will help make this a great day! Click on the link below for more details about sponsorship levels, as well as the “Taste of St. Julie Sponsorship Form.” We are requesting that sponsorship forms are submitted to the St. Julie Parish Office no later than July 29. Thank you!
St. Julie Parish will be hosting Totus Tuus again this summer, so save the dates! This year’s program will run from Sunday, July 17 to Friday, July 22, 2022. We had a great response last year and look forward to sharing this fun and enriching experience with our youth once again. The daytime program is open to children in Grades 1 – 6. The evening program is open to Grades 7 – 12. Click on the signup form below
Sign up hereDate: Friday, February 3, 2022
Time: Begins after 8:00am Mass and ends after 5:00pm Benediction
Where: St. Julie Billiart Parish – Sacred Heart Chapel
All are welcome!
SCHEDULE OF PRAYER THROUGHOUT THE DAY:
Immediately after 8:00am Mass: Rosary
Noon: Midday Prayer
3:00pm: Divine Mercy Chaplet
5:00pm: Evening Prayer and Benediction
FIRST SATURDAY MASS WILL TAKE PLACE THE NEXT MORNING
At least two Adorers must be scheduled during every hour in order to assure that Jesus is not left alone, but more are welcome and Adorers may sign up for multiple hours. Please click on the button below to fill the needed spots:
What is Eucharistic Adoration?
We adore and receive the Eucharist in communion at Mass, which is the most beautiful act of worship that we have as Catholics. We have Jesus truly present in all of the tabernacles around the world. We can continue to adore Him in the Eucharist after Mass in a quiet time of prayer and contemplation on Who we have just received . Being in the presence of the body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ gives spiritual strength and nourishment in a uniquely powerful way. Adoration is a way to be present with the Lord and focus on actively listening to His word through prayer.
~ Oblates of the Virgin Mary
The time you spend with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is the best time that you will spend on earth.
Each moment that you spend with Jesus will deepen your union with Him and make your soul everlastingly more glorious and beautiful in heaven,
and will help bring about an everlasting peace on earth.
~ Mother Teresa of Calcutta